Following suit, Food Friday is here! Being combined with Flex Friday, Food Friday is going to be all about fun, easy, healthy recipes that even I could make! These recipes aren’t just picked randomly of the internet but rather picked, made, and tasted before they come to you!
We hope you enjoy these healthy treats as much as we did!
Eating clean isn’t something that happens easily during the summer. Vacations, BBQs, and weddings are just a few occasions that have riddled my summer months with less than “acceptable” quality meals. But now that summer is coming to an end, I’m trying to squeeze in the last of the seasonal fair before the crisp weather of fall is upon us. This time, a little healthier…
Shish kabobs (a.k.a. stir fry on a stick) are a simple and satiating way to pack a lot of flavor and nutrition into a complete meal on a stick. These lean, skewered steak bites are smothered in a flavorful marinade and sizzled to perfection on the grill. You can also broil these for a similar effect.
(image credit: zpita.com)
-Marinade (1/4 c. soy sauce, 2 T. rice vinegar, 1 T. ginger, 1 T. honey, 1 garlic clove (minced), 2 tsp. hot sauce, and 2 tsp. sesame oil)
-2 Lean Steaks (cut into bite-sized cubes)
-Vegetables: onion, bell peppers, broccoli, grape tomatoes, zucchini
-Fruit (Optional): peaches, nectarines, pineapple, mango
Preparation (15-25 minutes):
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Add cubed steak to marinade and let sit for 1-24 hours in refrigerator
- Be sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling/broiling to prevent them from catching on fire
- When ready to prepare, heat grill to medium and begin creating your skewer ensemble (alternate placing meat, veggies and fruit of your desire until all pieces are used).
5. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side until meat is cooked to desired doneness.
If you decide to make this mouth watering, o so savory dinner take a picture and tag us in it!